Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Slow Week for Posting

This may be a slow week for postings. I’ve got my parents in town for my mother’s 60th birthday. They are going to do the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge train and then we’ll all do the Snowdown Follies.

Otherwise, I do want to add a little to the last video post. When you’re talking on camera largely unrehearsed you tend to forget a few things. Yes, overall I thought Tampico missed an opportunity to really leverage a touchpoint. And, while several of my critiques were universal and not specific to cultural marketing, I did forget to add that Tampico committed the cardinal sin of using a straight translation of the existing site into Spanish. They didn’t localize. Graphics are the same. Content is the same. Etc. At minimum, I thought that their Spanish language site should take into account the fact that it may serve a different demographic. As such, you’d think they’d use this to their advantage and provide an audience specific message.

Anyhow, I don’t have anything to really add today. If you’re in dire need of some content and interested, Durango was in a front page article on CNN: “Colorado's San Juan Mountains were socked with 30 inches of snow and wind gusts as high as 100 mph. In Durango, Colorado, about 340 miles southwest of Denver, even the sledding hills were at risk of avalanches after 18 inches of snow fell.” Needless to say, I’ve been snowboarding up at Purg all day.

No comments: